Apply for Funding
Impact Alamance offers the following funding opportunities throughout the year. For current funding opportunities please visit our Grant Opportunities page.
Organizational Assessment and Capacity Building
This program is designed to build the capacity of local nonprofits to further support the services they offer to our community. Impact Alamance supports organizations to strengthen and enhance core infrastructure so they can deliver quality programming more effectively and efficiently. Such support enables the organizations to focus on how they must operate in order to achieve their mission. Impact Alamance will offer an organizational assessment free of charge to those organizations that qualify. Upon successfully completing the organizational assessment and identifying the top capacity issue for the organization, Impact Alamance will then provide technical assistance for capacity building that addresses that specific issue as well as evaluation assistance.
Requirements for Organizational Assessments
- Must be a current or past participant of The Leadership Institute
- Must be conducted by a professional consultant who is skilled and experienced in implementing an effective organizational assessment process. Impact Alamance will supply a list of qualified consultants
- Must involve board leadership as well as staff in the assessment process
- Must be a nonprofit in Alamance County
- Nonprofit must be an established 501(c)(3) for at least 3 years
- Must assess each of these six key areas of organization infrastructure to identify strengths and challenges/areas for improvement:
- Mission, Vision and Strategy – Does the organization have a clear mission, and are strategies in alignment with this mission?
- Governance and Leadership – Does the organization have strong governance and foster leadership?
- Resource Development – Is the organization financially sustainable?
- Strategic Relationships – Does the organization have strong and positive relationships with external stakeholders?
- Internal Operations and Management – Does the organization have a strong and sound core infrastructure?
- Program Delivery and Impact – Is the organization effective in its delivery of programs and services, and is evaluation of impact integral to the organization?
Grant Writer Assistance
This program is designed to build the capacity of local nonprofits to further support the services they offer to our community. Recent surveys of local nonprofits identified capacity building as a top need for organizations. Many nonprofits lack the time, skills and resources to be able to focus on grant writing. Therefore, many grant opportunities that could improve and enhance health opportunities in our community are not pursued.
Guidelines and Application Eligibility
- A current 501(c)(3) organization, as classified by the IRS, or a governmental agency
- Located in Alamance County
- Pursuing a grant of $50,000 or more
- Can only receive grant writing assistance once during the year
To enable us to determine eligibility for grant writer assistance, please email your application to ImpactAlamance@conehealth.com. We will review your application and get back with you as soon as possible. There is no deadline for this application, but requests will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you accept applications from nonprofits that are not located in Alamance County?
Most of our applications will only be accepted from nonprofits that are located in Alamance County. However, if you are a nonprofit and most of the clients you serve are from Alamance County we would consider accepting your proposal.
Can a nonprofit apply for more than one type of funding or assistance?
Yes, nonprofits can apply for each of the opportunities currently available. We can only accept one application per funding area. For example if your organization is large and has many departments, only one department can apply per cycle.
Who makes the funding decisions and how are grants reviewed and scored?
Grant Writer Assistance- Impact Alamance staff will review applications and make award decisions based on need, opportunity and proposed impact of the assistance.
Nonprofit Capacity Building – Impact Alamance staff will review applications and make award decisions based on need of the organization for the assistance and committment level of staff and board of directors to the capacity building process.
Can we call the foundation if we need any type of clarification or have questions regarding funding opportunities?
Yes. Please call us at (336) 221-0011 for any questions you may have. You can also send an email to ImpactAlamance@conehealth.com