Progress and Enhancement Fund
Impact Alamance is currently accepting applications for the Progress and Enhancement Fund. This is a competitive one-time grant opportunity of up to $50,000 that can be awarded to Alamance County 501 (c)(3) non-profits seeking to improve access to care, education, or the economy as identified in the 2018 Community Health Assessment for Alamance County. Grant awards can be used for equipment needs only.
– Must be located in Alamance County, serving Alamance County residents.
– Organization must have its 501(c)3/nonprofit status for at least 2 years.
– Organization must demonstrate that they have the capacity to manage a grant.
– Funds requested can be used for equipment needs only.
– Equipment must be used on a consistent basis (at least weekly).
– Organizations that have had a vehicle funded previously are not eligible for future vehicle requests.
– Organizations that received funding in 2021 are not eligible to apply until 2023.
Priority will be given to organizations serving a large percentage of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) in Alamance County.
Please click the link below to complete and submit the Letter of Intent form. Be prepared to provide organization and contact information, a very brief description of the project, and an approximate project dollar amount you are requesting. For specific questions contact Marcy.Green@conehealth.com
Letter of Intent is due by 5pm, March 16, 2022.
Grant Writer Assistance
The Grant Writer Assistance program is designed to build the capacity of local nonprofits to further support the services they offer to our community. Recent surveys of local nonprofits identified capacity building as a top need for organizations. Many nonprofits lack the time, skills and resources to focus on grant writing. Therefore, many grant opportunities that could improve and enhance health opportunities in our community are not pursued.
In response to this need, Impact Alamance offers grant-writing services free of charge to those organizations that qualify. If you are interested in this service please submit a grant assistance application form posted below. Applications will be accepted year round.
Guidelines and Application Eligibility:
- Organization must have its nonprofit status for at least 3 years.
- Organization must have identified a grant opportunity of at least $50,000. If the organization is serving a large percentage of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) flexibility on the dollar amount of the grant amount may be permitted. Please email Marcy.Green@conehealth.com to set up a time to discuss.
- The grant must meet an identified need in Alamance County.
- The organization must have the capacity to manage a large grant.
Nonprofit Organizational Assessment and Capacity Building
This program is designed to build the capacity of local nonprofits to further support the services they offer to our community. Impact Alamance supports organizations to strengthen and enhance core infrastructure so they can deliver quality programming more effectively and efficiently. Such support enables the organizations to focus on how they must operate in order to achieve their mission. Impact Alamance will offer an organizational assessment free of charge to those organizations that qualify. Upon successfully completing the organizational assessment and identifying the top capacity issue for the organization, Impact Alamance will then provide technical assistance for capacity building that addresses that specific issue as well as evaluation assistance.
Guidelines and Application Eligibility:
- Executive director must be a current or former participant of The Leadership Institute;
- The board of the nonprofit must have received board development training within the past 3 years;
- Must have had an executive director in place for at least one full year;
- 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization and in operation for at least 3 years;
- Local organization located in Alamance County.