Cohort V (2019-2020)
The Teacher Leadership Academy
**The 2020-2021 Cohort will be delayed due to COVID-19. Applicants will be notified on the status of their application and receive an updated schedule in the near future.**
2019-2020 Teacher Leadership Academy Topics & Mandatory Dates
- Vision – April 15, 2019
- Understanding Our Community – May 15, 2019
- Leadership Retreat- August 14 & 15, 2019
- Culture Change and Innovation – September 17, 2019
- Agriculture in Alamance County – October 9, 2019
- Optional: Grant Writing Workshop – October 29, 2019 (required for creativity grant applicants)
- Continuous Improvement – November 6, 2019
- Economic Development – December 10, 2019
- Equity and Social Justice – February 4, 2020
- Workforce of Tomorrow – February 12, 2020
- Reserve for Make-Up Day – February 25, 2020
- Reflection and Celebration – March 4, 2020
- Reserve for Make-Up Day – April 8, 2020
Grant Writing Session – October 29, 2019, from 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM in the upstairs auditorium at the ABSS Central Office, 1712 Vaughn Rd. Burlington, NC 27215 (required for creativity grant applicants.)
** Academy participants also have the opportunity to attend a grant writing session. Upon completion of this session, teachers will be eligible to apply for teacher creativity grants for their schools. These grants are awarded by Impact Alamance through a competitive grants process. Team applications that demonstrate school leadership and collaboration are strongly encouraged. Timeline provided below.
Teacher Creativity Grants
Teachers currently enrolled in the Teacher Leadership Academy and committed to staying with the ABSS system for the following school year are eligible to submit proposals for funding up to $20,000.
Class of 2020 (Cohort V) Creativity Grants Next-Steps:
- Fill out the letter of intent (below) DUE DECEMBER 2, 2019
- The steering committee will review your letter of intent
- If qualified, the Steering Committee will invite you to apply via email
- Once you receive the email, please click on the link provided
- This will take you to Blackbaud Grantmaking website where you will be prompted to create an account. Be sure to write down your account information as you will be able to save your application and return to it.
- Please read the directions carefully and make sure to complete all of the required fields. On the fourth page, note that you are required to upload an additional statement of intent and have the option of uploading a letter of support.
If you plan on applying for a Creativity Grant, please fill out the letter of intent.
If you are interested in learning more about creativity grants, please make sure you attend the grant writing workshop on October 29, 2019, from 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM in the upstairs auditorium at the ABSS Central Office, 1712 Vaughn Rd. Burlington, NC 27215. * You are required to attend a grant writing session in order to be eligible to apply.*
- Must be a current participant in the Teacher Leadership Academy.
- Projects are to be school-based, not district-wide.
- Teachers must submit a statement with the grant proposal affirming their present intention to teach at ABSS through the following school year.
- Principals must submit a letter with the grant proposal stating their support of the proposed project.
Priority will be given to proposals that:
- Demonstrate creative or innovative approaches to classroom instruction.
- Partner and collaborate with other classrooms, or nonprofits to increase impact.
- Demonstrate sustainability beyond the funding period.
- Impact and involve a significant amount of people (students, parents, teachers/school staff).
- Have an applicant that is knowledgeable about the nature and substance of the proposed project.
- Propose a project that is feasible within the proposed timeline and budget.
- Have measurable outcomes designed to improve student or school performance.
- Align with school improvement goals.
**Class of 2020 Grant Writing Workshop for Creativity Grants: TBD
Class of 2020 (Cohort V) Creativity Grants Timeline
- MANDATORY ATTENDANCE of Grant Writing Session on October 29, 2019, from 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM in the upstairs auditorium at the ABSS Central Office, 1712 Vaughn Rd. Burlington, NC 27215.
- Letter of Intent due December 2, 2019
- Applicants will be invited to apply (via email) by January 6, 2020
- Applications due February 10, 2020
- Funding decisions released mid-March 2020
- Planning for supplies/materials March-May 2020
- Funds available for creativity grant recipients July 1, 2020
- Implement grant August 2020 (Fall 2020- Spring 2021 School Year)
- Three-month check-in October 2020
- Six-month check-in (midyear report) February 2021